Someone in one of my comments recently asked me this question, “How do you choose what you want or draw?” Off the top of my head here are fives ways I seek out art inspiration.
1. I look. What I mean by this is I’m ever vigilant for the things around me which fit into what I like to draw or paint. The world around us is full of ideas if only you train yourself to see them.
2. I use free picture sites and apps. There are several apps like Unsplash and Pexe which offer royalty free to use photos. Some of these I use outright. Others I use but change the picture.
3. Old Art. There are several websites which offer up old images as inspiration for art. Two of these websites are 99Designs.com and Vintage.com.
4. Pinterest. While a lot of the art on Pinterest is copyrighted you can still use it for inspiration or for practice.
5. I redo old art. I am constantly drawing. Many of these drawing accumulate and end up sitting in a bin or file at my art table. Every so often I will get out these pictures and rework them or colorize them.